Weight Loss Pills and Fad Diets are both part of some of our lives. We have all heard of them and some of us have even tried them but let’s be honest, if you lost your weight and stopped that diet, did it all come back and even more? The answer is probable “yes.”
It is hard sometimes with so many people being overweight that these so called “quick fix” diets are so appealing. Fad diets come and go but some people must try them. The promises made by most of these diets are that you can lose weight quickly and lose that “flab”. Even though we know they are not good for the body some people will always try the next weight loss diet that they read. Fad diets are not a part of your plans to lose weight.
Some of the fad diets that I guess we have all heard of are:
• Cabbage soup diet
• The chocolate diet
• The 3 day diet
• Chicken soup diet
• The grapefruit diet
• The Israeli diet
• The Beverly Hills diet
• The Russian Air Force Diet
• and the list goes on
Reason to Avoid Fad Diets
1. They simply do not work. They give a short term result but do not show you how to establish a long term healthy eating plan.
2. These diets can cause you to lose lean muscle. They also interfere with your metabolic rate.
3. Many of these diets, where you must buy pills and meal supplements, can cost a great deal of money.
4. You can lose the weight but unfortunately when you cease being on the diet, the weight will come back and even more.
5. It is not a healthy life style to keep submitting your body to these diets and become a yoyo dieter.
6. It is strongly recommended that you plan your weight loss diet through a sensible diet and exercise plan.
Weight Loss Pills
There are many different types of weight loss diet pills but they fall into two categories – prescription and non-prescription. Never consider taking diet pills without consulting your medical professional. Non-prescription or over the counter pills sometimes contain caffeine. Caffeine can increase the heart rate and increase your metabolic rate. These will give you more energy while exercising. Several of the non-prescription pills also use green tea and bitter orange.
The prescription pills are generally more effective but you will have to be supervised and monitored by your medical professional. Some tablets in this category mimic the brain neurotransmitters and the brain tells the person that they are “full.” Another type of diet pill will block the body from absorbing fat. Your doctor will take into account what is best for you.
Remember when you see advertisements for either Weight Loss Pills or Fad Diets, think carefully before trying. Make yourself a promise that Weight Loss Pills and Fad Diets are not for you. Lose weight in a sensible way. It took time to gain the weight and it will take time to lose it.