Are you committed or interested in improving your health and life? Most people would say they would like to change or improve something about themselves. Are you committed to change or are you only interested?
I watched a video some time back about the difference in being interested or committed. Before watching that short video, I had never really given any thought about the difference. After I had watched it, I could recognize the different traits in some of my friends and associates. I asked several friends were they interested or committed and for most of them I had to explain the difference. They all stated they were committed but when I looked at the way things were going for them, a great many fell into the interested category. They always had an excuse why they had not met a deadline or they would blame someone else for their failure. Their actions showed they were lacking success in what they wanted to achieve.
So let’s look at what the difference between Interest and Commitment. The person who is interested in something is the person who may never achieve his/her goals. Yes, they want to achieve but will make every excuse in the book why it is not happening, why things are not working for them. They will not accept the fact they are the PROBLEM. They will blame people around and other circumstances and do not see that they have to change their way of thinking. Unfortunately, they start believing that the goals that they had set for themselves are well beyond their capabilities and knowledge and they accept their failure.
However, then we have the fully committed person. The committed person will do everything in their power and take any action to enable them to achieve their goals. The committed person wants to learn new skills and gain the necessary knowledge that they need, in order to succeed in what ever they attempt to do. That does not mean that they will not have some problems along the way but they will learn from their mistakes and keep moving forward. They will never accept “NO” as the answer. They will explore every avenue provided to allow themselves to move forward to their final goals.
So do you know what category you fall into?
If you want to succeed at anything in life you must have the right mindset. There are two factors here. You must have goals – that goal must have a plan and a time frame otherwise it is a dream and you must believe that you can achieve. Never let doubts creep in. YOU and only YOU can do this! Keep a positive attitude at all times. Don’t dwell in the past and blame someone for things that have gone wrong in your life. You cannot change the past because it is just that – it is the past and it is gone. You are now in the present and “the present” is the gift you give yourself. Move forward and achieve all the goals you set for yourself both now and in the future.
Here are 5 reasons why you will succeed.
1. Be persistent, focused and take action. Don’t make excuses why you cannot do something – just make a start and do it. If you need help always ask.
2. Always believe that you can achieve your dreams. Whatever you want to achieve will require a plan and it is advisable to write out you plan and always include a time frame. This is like a road map and at all times you can see where you are at on your journey to success. Without a time frame, you will never know where you are on your journey.
3. You must be consistent and persevere and do not allow other people to tell you that you will not succeed. Do not doubt your own abilities.
4. Be assured that you are going to be successful. You know what you want so just work towards it.
5. If you encounter any problems, find a solution and keep moving forward. Maintain a positive “can do” attitude if you encounter problems or challenges. There is never a problem that does not have a solution.